Pools are Great Fun and Easy to Keep Clean
In spite of what you may have heard, a backyard pool or spa makes a backyard the perfect retreat and is quite easy to keep clean and maintained so that you can enjoy it. By dedicating just a few minutes to preventive pool care, you’ll ensure family fun for years to come and if you have questions, simply pick up the phone and give us a call at Cavanaugh Pool, Spa, & Patio, PHONE: 270-825-8513
- Check the skimmer baskets on a regular basis to keep your water flowing at the maximum rate. Empty them as needed.
- Keep the pool clean by collecting leaves and debris from the surface with a pool net. If dirt builds up on the bottom of the pool, use a pole vacuum or an automatic cleaner.
- Monitor your mechanical system regularly to ensure there are no leaks.
- Keep your pool wall and frame clean. Periodic washing with a mild, non-abrasive soap solution will do the trick. A clear, non-yellowing household wax can be applied to all metal components.
- Any pool chemical deposits that settle along the frame should be washed away immediately.
- Check the balance of your pool water two or three times a week.
- Discussing your pool chemical maintenance issues and getting the correct chemicals from an authorized dealer is the best resource for keeping your pool in prime working order. Often, many water and surface problems can be handled by the individual pool owner. The chart below provides solutions to some common pool issues. Always make sure the water is properly balanced prior to any addition of corrective chemicals.